Belfast: Go Explore 360 Virtual Reality App
Immerse yourself in a 360 virtual reality journey through Belfast.
Download the free Belfast Go Explore app from the App Store and Google Play Store. The app is compatible with a range of phones but we recommend iPhone 5 and 6 or Samsung Galaxy S5, S6 and S7 for the best user experience. The app is viewable with or without Google Cardboard or other virtual reality viewers.
Experience a 360 virtual tour around the city’s top attractions including:
- Titanic Belfast - the world’s largest Titanic
- Crumlin Road Gaol - 19th century
prison which has witnessed 150 years of imprisonment, conflict and executions.
- Belfast City Hall - A centrepiece on Belfast’s skyline with a fascinating history and stunning architecture.
- Murals - From political themes to local heroes, these colourful wall murals are an integral part of Belfast’s modern history.
- Giant’s Causeway - A magnificent and mysterious geological formation, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- St George’s Market – One of the top indoor markets in the UK and Ireland, selling a range of fresh food, quality local arts, quirky crafts and unique antiques.
- Botanic Gardens - The beautiful gardens are home to Belfast’s Victorian Palm House and Tropical Ravine.
Explore a CGI world through various 'hotspots' in the app and learn more about Belfast:
- The Troubles
Belfast’s famous peace walls separate the city’s nationalist and loyalist communities where they come within touching distance of each other. The walls were necessary lines of defence during the conflict known as The Troubles. Northern Ireland has moved on since then and is now an internationally respected example of how lasting peace and reconciliation are possible.
The world’s most famous ship, RMS Titanic was built in Belfast over 100 years ago and, at the time of her launch, she was the largest man-made object on the planet.
- Game of Thrones
The world-renowned HBO Game of Thrones TV series is filmed in Belfast’s Titanic Studios and if you head south out of the city, you’ll discover the filming locations for Winterfell, Robb Starck’s Camp and The Haunted Forest. Journey north and you can explore The King’s Road or perhaps even experience a cliff-edge drama on The Iron Islands.
- Belfast’s People
It’s the ordinary people of Belfast that give the city its unique character. These are the witty, chatty and friendly locals, each keen to share their story.
Explore Belfast with Elodie
Join Elodie and friends from France as they explore Belfast.
Explore Belfast with Marta
Join Marta and friends from Spain as they explore Belfast.
Google Cardboard is a trademark of Google Inc.
This app has been made possible by funding support from the GREAT UK Challenge Fund.