Bangor Castle is home to Ards and North Down Borough Council who use the mansion’s spectacular grand salon as the council chamber.
This impressive building was built for the Hon Robert Edward Ward and his family in 1852. The building is situated in the grounds of Castle Park alongside the North Down Museum and is just a short walk from Bangor Castle Walled Garden.
Tours of the building are available by appointment only. The grounds are always accessible to visitors.