Mark Steen - Sightseeing & Golf Tours
Mark Steen Taxis offer a wide range of sightseeing and golfing tours for visitors wishing to explore the Causeway Coast whilst travelling in the comfort of a BMW 5 Series Touring. Each tour will be conducted by Mark, your professional driver and personable guide, who holds a World Host Customer Service excellence certification.
Mark has over 15 years experience of managing several North Coast Golf Clubs and is driven by a passion to introduce visitors to the local attractions and outstanding natural beauty of this spectacular stretch of coastline, including it’s World Class links golf courses. (Max group size 4).
This will be a customised private tour with an itinerary agreed in advance with you. You will have the freedom to decide how long you wish to stay at each location and if desired, to stop along the route for photo opportunities. Throughout each tour Mark will try to enhance your visitor experience by using his local knowledge to help keep you informed, as well as sharing some of the special myths and legends associated with this magical coastline.
Listed below are a few example sightseeing tour itineraries as well as a three Championship links courses. Please remember that Mark can also offer you a bespoke customised tour based around other visitor locations you may wish to include or alternative golf courses that you may wish to play.
Causeway Coast Sightseeing Tours:
- Carrickfergus Castle, Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, The Giant’s Causeway, Dunluce Castle.
- Carrickfergus Castle, Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, The Giant’s Causeway, Bushmills Distillery.
Causeway Coast Golf Course Tour:
- Royal Portrush Dunluce Championship links, venue of 1951 Open Championship and host to 2019 Open Championship.
- Portstewart Strand links.
- Castlerock Mussenden links
Game of Thrones Film Locations Tour:
- Cushendun Caves – The Stormlands, where Davos Seaworthy lands Melisandre ashore and the spot where she gives birth to her shadow baby.
- Larrybane – The Stormlands – Larrybane was the dramatic spot chosen for Renly Baratheon’s camp where Catelyn Stark comes to treaty with Renly Baratheon on behalf of her son Robb in Season 2. Renly swears he will avenge Ned Starks’s death and bring Joffrey’s head to Catelyn.
- Ballintoy Harbour – Pyke, The Iron Islands, where Theon Greyjoy arrives back in the Iron Islands and where he later admires his ship, the Sea Bitch. This is also where he first meets his sister Yara.
- Downhill Beach – Dragonstone, the place where Melisandre burns the old gods and exhorts Stannis to draw a sword from the flames and chants “For the night is dark and full of terrors”.
- Dark Hedges – The King’s Road, these 350 year old intertwining beech trees feature in Arya’s escape from King’s Landing, disguised as a boy.
Sightseeing Tours from £220.00.
General enquires can be made by e-mail or telephone. Reservations can be made using the booking facility on the website.
*This tour is independently operated by Belfast City Tours. It is not sponsored, endorsed, or affiliated with HBO or anyone associated with 'Game of Thrones'.