- What's On Homepage
- Virtual Events
- Belfast International Arts Festival
- Art & Exhibitions
- Children’s Events
- Food & Drink
- Free Events
- History & Heritage
- Learning Experiences
- Lectures & Talks
- Markets & Fairs
- Music & Concerts
- Nature & Wildlife
- Pubs & Clubs
- Shows & Displays
Every Friday afternoon at 1pm, Clifton House will be moving their unique tours online, allowing you to find out more about life in the Poor House, or the stories surrounding some of those buried in Clifton Graveyard. Every week will be a different topic.
The latest online talk topics include:
- Children and the Poor House, 16 October. Book online here.
- HERstory: The Women of Clifton House Online Talk, 23 October. Book online here.
- Exploring the Darker Side of Clifton Street Cemetery Online Talk, 30 October. Book online here.
- Clifton House Autumn Talk Series Belfast: Georgian Town to Divided City 1770-1920, 5 November to 3 December. Book online here.
- Doctors & Disease: The Medical History of the Poor House Online Talk, 6 November. Book online here.
- Lesser Spotted Graves of Clifton Street Cemetery Online Talk, 13 November. Book online here
- Mary Ann McCracken (1770-1866): Her Life and Times Online Talk, 20 November. Book online here
- Paper & Politics: The Joy Family Online Talk, 27 November. Book online here
For a full calendar of events, visit cliftonbelfast.com
All virtual live talks will be facilitated by Clifton House’s knowledgeable staff and volunteers using Zoom. Numbers for these hour-long sessions will be limited to 30, to allow for Q&A sessions at the end. The Meeting ID to join the online tour will be sent out the morning of the talk.
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.