Discover the sites you’ve seen in Derry Girls by hopping into your very own private taxi on a 2-hour tour, driven by a local expert driver-guide?!
For fans of the hit comedy show, you can enjoy an exclusive and entertaining Derry Girls Taxi tour in Belfast. Although the show is set in and partly filmed in Derry much of the show is actually filmed in Belfast. With Belfast becoming a hub for the filming of high profile TV shows including Game of Thrones and Line of Duty, this tour is a great way to see the city as well as see locations from the hit comedy.
On tour, you will get to explore many filming locations featured in the world of Erin, her friends, and her family.
The hit TV show is set in Derry in the early 1990s before peace broke out. The show follows the lives of four teenage Derry girls: Erin, Orla, Clare, Michelle as well as the wee English fella James.
The channel 4 comedy show films most of the scenes in Belfast with Derry being used for certain exterior shots. This makes our Derry Girls tour of Belfast an essential tour if you are a fan of the TV show.
The 2-hour tour departs from central Belfast at a local of your choice.
Locations included on the tour are:
- The church interior where the miracle takes place and also where the Ukrainian teenagers come to visit ‘Derry’
- The Chip Shop the girls take Katya from Ukraine
- The photo docket shop where Gerry tried to get Mary’s birthday photos and the cafe where Erin asks out John Paul O’Reilly to the prom
- The scene where Erin’s family are stuck in traffic due to the marches
- The interior used for Dennis’s wee Shop (the exterior can be visited in Derry on our Derry Girls City walking tour)
- Erins house
- The exterior of ‘Our Lady Immaculate College’ that the girls attend
- Locations from Series 4
The tour can finish at Fionnula's Fish and Chip Shop in Belfast City Centre where you can enjoy lunch in the girls 'local' chippie. Just make sure you don't take the noticeboard!
Tour times include: 9am, 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm and 3pm.
Central Belfast Hotel pick up and drop off available.
Vehicles are sanitised after each tour.
Social distancing, face masks (see government guidance on day of tour). Click here for more info.
- Taxi (1-5 persons) £130
Upcoming events at Visit Belfast Welcome Centre
You might also like
Art and Exhibitions24 May 2022 - 26 Feb 2023
On this 2.5 hour Walk, you will discover some of the modern street art, by International Street Artists,…