Please note, with restrictions currently in place this event may be cancelled or postponed; or its venue may be temporarily closed to the public. Check with the event organiser or venue for most up-to-date information.
This course will teach you advanced techniques to produce high quality prints from your processed negatives.
Learn how to get the best out of your previously taken black and white negatives in a hands-on session aimed at understanding the potential of black and white photographic printing. It is for those who have completed or are already familiar with the topics covered in ‘Level 1: Black & White Photography’.
This course will teach you advanced techniques to produce high quality prints from your processed negatives. You will learn how to achieve the correct exposure and tonal range of your print, how to set the correct printing and split grades, how to pre-flash the paper, and an overview of the different papers available for printing.
What you will need
- You must bring your own processed 35mm negatives.
- It is recommended you complete ‘Level 1: Black & White Photography’.
What you will learn
- Process your roll of film to contact sheets.
- Produce an edit from your contact sheets.
- How to achieve the correct exposure and tonal range of your print and how to enhance certain aspects of the image.
- Set the correct printing grade and split grade.
- Pre-Flashing the paper and printing on different papers (e.g. resin, coated, single grade, multigrade and fibre papers).
- Gain knowledge of printing with traditional black and white darkroom techniques.
For more information contact Conor at email@example.com.
- Tickets £95