The garden, grounds and cafe have reopened at The Argory. You will need to book your visit in advance and will be turned away if you arrive without a booking. Bookings open weekly every Friday. Find out more and book at nationaltrust.org.uk.
This handsome Irish gentry house is surrounded by its 130-hectare (320-acre) wooded riverside estate.
Outside there are sweeping vistas, superb spring flowers, scenic walks and fascinating courtyard displays.
A second-hand bookshop, adventure playground and Lady Ada's award-winning tea room provide retreats for children and adults alike.
- Garden, woodland and riverside walks with wonderful sweeping views
- Snowdrop walks and superb spring bulbs
- Discover the rejuvenated walled garden and its produce
- Children's adventure playground and play areas
- House wth a treasure trove of Victorian and Edwardian interests
- Hear stories of Captain Shelton's heroism at sea
Top Reasons To Visit
- Neoclassical masterpiece
- Scenic walks
- Second-hand bookshop
- Gift shop
- Courtyard coffee shop
Facilities and Access
- Lady Ada’s tea room
- Light lunches and snacks available
- Gift shop and second-hand bookshop
- Parking only 100 yards away
- Suitable for school groups
Family and Children
- Baby-changing facilities
- Hip-carrying infant seats for loan
- Children’s play area
- Children’s quiz trail
- Drop-off point
- Braille guide
- Induction loop
- Adapted toilets in main toilet block
- Map of accessible grounds route