Please note, with a lockdown in place until 1 April 2021, all non-essential retailers, accommodation providers and attractions included in our web pages will be closed. Restaurants, pubs and cafés may open for takeaways only. Visit our Ideas page for ways to enjoy Belfast from home!
This handsome Irish gentry house is surrounded by its 130-hectare (320-acre) wooded riverside estate.
Outside there are sweeping vistas, superb spring flowers, scenic walks and fascinating courtyard displays.
A second-hand bookshop, adventure playground and Lady Ada's award-winning tea room provide retreats for children and adults alike.
- Garden, woodland and riverside walks with wonderful sweeping views
- Snowdrop walks and superb spring bulbs
- Discover the rejuvenated walled garden and its produce
- Children's adventure playground and play areas
- House wth a treasure trove of Victorian and Edwardian interests
- Hear stories of Captain Shelton's heroism at sea
Top Reasons To Visit
- Neoclassical masterpiece
- Scenic walks
- Second-hand bookshop
- Gift shop
- Courtyard coffee shop
Facilities and Access
- Lady Ada’s tea room
- Light lunches and snacks available
- Gift shop and second-hand bookshop
- Parking only 100 yards away
- Suitable for school groups
Family and Children
- Baby-changing facilities
- Hip-carrying infant seats for loan
- Children’s play area
- Children’s quiz trail
- Drop-off point
- Braille guide
- Induction loop
- Adapted toilets in main toilet block
- Map of accessible grounds route