Please note, with restrictions currently in place, all accommodation providers and visitor attractions included in our web pages remain closed. Retail businesses may be open for click and collect services, and restaurants, pubs and cafés may be open for takeaways only. Click here for full information on current restrictions and planned reopening dates, or visit our Ideas page for ways to enjoy Belfast safely today!
Bangor Golf Club is in the centre of the seaside town Bangor and is Quality Assured by Discover NI.
The course has attracted some major events, including the Ulster and Irish Professional Championships and Pro-Ams in which such names as Christy O’Connor Senior, Fred Daly, Peter Allis, Tony Jacklin and Roberto de Vincenzo featured. The professional record was set up in August 1962 when Christy O’Connor senior scored 62 with nine birdies, eight pars and an eagle at the 460 yard 5th hole.
It has upwards of 1000 playing and social members but is very happy to welcome visitors and societies throughout the year and will tailor packages to meet the needs of each individual party, large or small. Until recently the club’s Professional was Michael Bannon who now coaches Rory McIlroy who was quoted saying ‘Bangor Golf Club is one of my favourite parkland courses in Ireland’ you will often see Rory and Michael throughout the year on the course or practice fairway perfecting his skills before the next competition.
Bangor has many famous and successful members over the years including:
- David Feherty, professional golfer, tournament winner, Ryder and World Cup hero and now a top golf commentator in the US
- Norman Drew professional golfer, winner of many tournaments and played in the Walker cup, Ryder cup and Canada (now World) cup
- Garth McGimpsey, one of the greats of Irish amateur golf with a superb record who also played in the US Masters
- Michael Bannon, the club’s former club pro, a successful player and now coach to one of the best players in the world, Rory McIlroy
- Rory McIlroy, while never a member, Rory, as a young fellow, practised at the club on a regular basis with Michael Bannon and even today, as a top world player, will still be seen there a number of times during the year perfecting his iron shots.
Bangor Golf Club boasts excellent bar and catering facilities, with good old Northern Irish hospital with lots of ‘craic’ all with fantastic panoramic views of the golf course. Downstairs there is a newly renovated bar area, a large function room and a smaller function room. Upstairs there is another large function room with bar facilities and a balcony overlooking the golf course.
Bangor Golf Club can host functions for all occasions and whatever your size of party, including:
- Children’s parties
- Christmas parties
- Retirement dinners
- Charity quiz nights
- Cookery demonstrations
- Fundraising nights
Bangor Golf Club has a highly rated on-site restaurant; Café Uno where you will be warmly welcomed. Thursday is steak night. The last Sunday of every month is Sunday Lunch Carvery when children can eat for free with every paying adult.
The club is happy to do bespoke catering for societies, parties and corporate visitors. They also cater for funerals and other events. Whether you want to hold a private or corporate event, you can be assured of great food and a warm, professional welcome.
Top Reasons To Visit
- Championship standard golf club in a beautiful location with tree lined fairways, the course is manicured to the last detail
- Competitively priced green fees
- Centrally located in Bangor less than 2 min drive from Bangor train station and Premier Inn and only 20 mins from Belfast
- Highly rated onsite restaurant and bar with all sports channels and regular events
- Warm and welcoming offering plenty of good old Northern Irish hospitality