- What's On Homepage
- Virtual Events
- Art & Exhibitions
- Children’s Events
- Food & Drink
- Free Events
- Halloween in Belfast
- History & Heritage
- Learning Experiences
- Lectures & Talks
- Markets & Fairs
- Music & Concerts
- Nature & Wildlife
- Pubs & Clubs
- Shows & Displays
Join Chef Barney on the only theatrical food tour in town! Discover and taste the food Belfast was built on during this fun filled one of a kind experience.
On Belfast Bred you’ll discover the city’s fascinating history in the company of Barney, a cheeky chef from the RMS Titanic. Defrosted after 108 years frozen in an iceberg, Barney has just two and a half hours to search Belfast for the finest ingredients.
His mission is to recreate a first class banquet served on the iconic ship. Written by Seth Linder, performed by Stephen Beggs and Christopher Grant, directed by Paula McFetridge, this mouth-watering tour will show you a new side to Belfast and also give you a chance to chat with local chefs as you savour a wealth of free samples at each location…
- Gourmet delights at century-old Sawers Deli, established 1897
- Northern Ireland’s celebrated seafood at Mourne Seafood
- Superb artisan beers at the atmospheric John Hewitt
- Devilish rum in an eclectic setting at The Spaniard.
Your journey will finish up at the world-famous award-winning St George's Market, one of the finest food markets in Europe; which first opened it’s doors when Chef Barney was a boy!
This monthly tour is available on the last Saturday of every month.
Tickets cost £25, including all food and drink samples. (Duration 2 ½ hours).
The meeting point is Sawers Deli. See more details and book tickets.
Top Reasons To Visit
- Completely unique way to see the city
- Only theatrical food tour in the city
- Sample some of the best food on offer in the city and meet local chefs
- Spend an unforgettable and hilarious Saturday morning with Chef Barney
- Combines theatre, a walking tour and a food tour for a completely unique experience