- What's On Homepage
- Art & Exhibitions
- Children's Events
- Food & Drink
- Free Events
- History & Heritage
- Learning Experiences
- Lectures & Talks
- Markets & Fairs
- Music & Concerts
- Nature & Wildlife
- Pubs & Clubs
- Shows & Displays
- Belfast International Arts Festival
Join Chef Barney on the only theatrical food tour in town! Discover, and taste, the food Belfast was built on during this fun filled one of a kind experience!
Discover the food of Belfast with the city’s only theatrical food tour, Belfast Bred!
On Belfast Bred you will not only explore the history and heritage of Belfast but also the food the city was built on. Along the way you will sample some of the best food on offer in the city and meet the people behind the independent businesses and restaurants that make Belfast a world class culinary destination.
On your journey you will be accompanied by the hilarious and hospitable Chef Barney. Defrosted after 105 years frozen in an iceberg, Barney is on a mission to search Belfast for the finest ingredients. His mission is to recreate a first-class banquet served on the iconic ship.
As you accompany him on this mouth-watering dramatic tour you will meet and chat with local chefs and savour a wealth of free samples at each location including:
- Gourmet delights at century-old Sawers Deli, established in 1897
- Northern Ireland's celebrated seafood at Mourne Seafood
- Locally sourced traditional Irish Stew at The Dark Horse
- Superb artisan beers at the atmospheric John Hewitt
Your journey will finish up at the world-famous award-winning St George's Market, one of the finest food markets in Europe; which first opened it’s doors when Chef Barney was a boy!
This monthly tour is available on various Saturdays throughout the year.
Tickets cost £25, including all food and drink samples. The meeting point is Sawers Deli. See more details and book tickets.
- 5-6 Fountain Centre
- College Street
- BT1 6ES
Top Reasons To Visit
- Completely unique way to see the city
- Only theatrical food tour in the city
- Sample some of the best food on offer in the city and meet local chefs
- Spend an unforgettable and hilarious Saturday morning with Chef Barney
- Combines theatre, a walking tour and a food tour for a completely unique experience