Please note, with a lockdown in place until 1 April 2021, all non-essential retailers, accommodation providers and attractions included in our web pages will be closed. Restaurants, pubs and cafés may open for takeaways only. Visit our Ideas page for ways to enjoy Belfast from home!
Join Chef Barney on the only theatrical food tour in town! Discover and taste the food Belfast was built on during this fun filled one of a kind experience.
On Belfast Bred you’ll discover the city’s fascinating history in the company of Barney, a cheeky chef from the RMS Titanic. Defrosted after 108 years frozen in an iceberg, Barney has just two and a half hours to search Belfast for the finest ingredients.
His mission is to recreate a first class banquet served on the iconic ship. Written by Seth Linder, performed by Stephen Beggs and Christopher Grant, directed by Paula McFetridge, this mouth-watering tour will show you a new side to Belfast and also give you a chance to chat with local chefs as you savour a wealth of free samples at each location…
- Gourmet delights at century-old Sawers Deli, established 1897
- Northern Ireland’s celebrated seafood at Mourne Seafood
- Superb artisan beers at the atmospheric John Hewitt
- Devilish rum in an eclectic setting at The Spaniard.
Your journey will finish up at the world-famous award-winning St George's Market, one of the finest food markets in Europe; which first opened it’s doors when Chef Barney was a boy!
This monthly tour is available on the last Saturday of every month.
Tickets cost £25, including all food and drink samples. (Duration 2 ½ hours).
The meeting point is Sawers Deli. See more details and book tickets.
Top Reasons To Visit
- Completely unique way to see the city
- Only theatrical food tour in the city
- Sample some of the best food on offer in the city and meet local chefs
- Spend an unforgettable and hilarious Saturday morning with Chef Barney
- Combines theatre, a walking tour and a food tour for a completely unique experience