Please note, with restrictions currently in place, all non-essential retailers, accommodation providers and attractions included in our web pages will be closed. Restaurants, pubs and cafés may open for takeaways only. Visit our Ideas page for ways to enjoy Belfast from home!
When visiting Belfast, why not take a walk in the beautiful hills which look down on the city, including Cave Hill and Divis?
The Belfast Hills are thought to be the inspiration for Jonathan Swift's novel, Gulliver's Travels as the hills are the embodiment of a sleeping giant safeguarding the city.
The Belfast Hills has a number of main sites which are open to the public:
1. Carnmoney Hill
2. Cave Hill Country Park
3. Divis and the Black Mountain
4. Ligoniel Park and Dams
5. Colin Glen Forest Park
For a full list of walking trails, visit www.belfasthills.org.
Top Reasons To Visit
- Spectacular views of Belfast Lough and the city
- Discover the hills using the suggested walking routes
- Rural landscape just minutes from Belfast City Centre
- Guided walks and events take place throughout the year
- Free 'Walking in the Belfast Hills' App