Whether you’re here for a day, a weekend, or longer – these tours will make your visit to Belfast complete!
Belfast's Troubled History Tour
From the starting point at Belfast City Hall, your guide will help you understand how the city developed from a small settlement to the "Northern Powerhouse" in Ireland. You'll hear about the major industries based in Belfast and how they played a part in the troubled history and the partition of Ireland. You’ll also discover Northern Ireland's influence on Brexit.
You'll visit the Titanic and War Memorials plus the main sites associated with the linen industry and the Victorian period. You'll discover the major figures from Belfast and find out how religion and cultural divisions impacted Ireland and Belfast in particular. You then move to the oldest parts of town including the Cathedral Quarter and High Street where your guide will point out some amazing street art along the way and tell you the stories behind some of the stand-out pieces and how they reflect the conflict. Find out about famous people, times and places and you'll discover how the legacy of the troubles has changed the landscape of the area.
You'll witness the recent changes to the city and how the Titanic disaster became a success.
- Tours are every Saturday and Sunday at 12pm
- Meeting point: front gates of Belfast City Hall
- Tour end: Belfast City Hall
- The tour covers approximately 1.5 miles and the ground is level
- Look for guide with distinctive blue umbrella and Walking Tours Belfast branded clothing
Belfast Brews & Views (3 hours)
Meet your guide at Belfast City Hall for a tour full of Craft Beers, tasty food, brilliant live music and much more! You'll visit various bars where you'll sample some of the best craft beers around, learning about their breweries and discovering their back stories. Not only this but you'll enjoy some tasty burgers, discover some amazing street art and also listen to some traditional Irish music, all in this one amazing tour.
Main locations and pubs visited:
- Belfast City Hall
- Tribal Burger
- Sunflower Bar
- Cathedral Quarter
- Black Box
- John Hewitt Bar
- Tours start at 2pm on alternative Saturdays
- Tours last 3 hours and the price is £40 per person
- The meeting point is in front of Belfast City Hall opposite Visit Belfast Information Office (which is the drop-off/pick-up point for Cruise Shuttle bus)
- The tour ends at The John Hewitt Bar, 51 Donegall Street
- Sample at least 6 unique local craft beers in 4 venues
- Delicious burgers get us set up for the rest of tour - Vegan and Vegetarian options available
- Look for Guide with distinctive Blue Umbrella and Walking Tours Belfast branded clothing
Book at www.walkingtoursbelfast.com
Walking Tours Belfast
- 11 Knockbracken Manor
Top Reasons To Visit
- Professionally Trained Guides - so the commentary is of the highest quality
- Fixed tour times - buy tickets in advance and plan your visit with a suitable tour time
- Guides are natives of Belfast - so you’ll hear unique insights and personal experiences
- Voice amplifiers mean everyone can hear the guide’s commentary even in noisy locations