- What's On Homepage
- Virtual Events
- Belfast International Arts Festival
- Art & Exhibitions
- Children’s Events
- Food & Drink
- Free Events
- History & Heritage
- Learning Experiences
- Lectures & Talks
- Markets & Fairs
- Music & Concerts
- Nature & Wildlife
- Pubs & Clubs
- Shows & Displays
COVID-19 Update: Born & Bred has reopened to the public!
Born & Bred (formerly Studio Souk) on Ann Street is a unique treasure trove of local handmade products.
Born & Bred showcases over 85 makers, artists and designers from our local community. Founded in 2013 by Linzi Rooney, Born & Bred was born as an arts organisation with the goal of championing and promoting local creative talent in Belfast.
Offering the unique opportunity to see local artists at work over three floors, Born & Bred brings something new and fresh to the high street. Resident artists and retailers are an integral part of the continued story – they provide the talent, Born & Bred provides the unique platform.
Born & Bred is a space to enjoy, a space to be inspired by and a space to feel like your own – whether you are 8 or 80, where creativity and community thrive everyday.
Born & Bred was named Top Choice for Arts and Craft shopping by Lonely Planet.
- Nominated and shortlisted “Belfast Telegraph Woman of the Year’
- Nominated and shortlisted Women in Business ‘ Entrepreneurship and Innovation’
- Top 8 ‘Creative Co-working spaces in the UK’
- ‘Best Ambience and Attitude’ Belfast Fashion Week
- Top Choice for Arts and Crafts by Lonely Planet
- Top 5 place to shop in Belfast by The New York Times.
Work in the community
In 2016 Studio Souk was awarded Belfast City Councils CMAF, giving support to continue to work with hard-to-reach communities within Belfast. They run creative family friendly workshops every month as well as providing workplace programmes for young offenders.