Castle Espie's tranquil setting offers the best views of Strangford Lough, County Down and is home to Ireland's largest collection of native and exotic water-birds.
Full of the sights and sounds of nature, Castle Espie is a great day out for families of all ages with woodland walks, soft play areas, events and workshops.
Whether you are seeking adventure or relaxation, Castle Espie is the perfect destination and every visit can be rounded off with a visit to the Kingfisher Kitchen where you can enjoy food and drinks to suit all tastes.
In autumn, visitors can witness almost the entire population of migratory brent geese. The centre has the most significant habitat improvement of its kind in Ireland, including restored lagoons, grasslands, salt marshes and reed beds.
- 78 Ballydrain Road
- BT23 6EA
Top Reasons To Visit
- Marvellous year-round events and exhibitions
- Free access to cafe, gift shop, gallery and soft play area
- Epic wildlife spectacles
- Wild Wood play area
- Downy Duckling Tours in June
Open seven days a week, except 24 and 25 December.
November – January
- Monday – Friday: 10am – 4pm, Saturday and Sunday: 10am – 4.30pm
- Monday – Friday: 10am – 4pm, Saturday and Sunday: 10am – 5pm
March – June
- Monday – Sunday: 10am – 5pm
July and August
- Monday – Sunday: 10am – 5.30pm
September and October
- Monday – Sunday: 10am – 5pm.
The centre will remain open until 5.30pm on Bank and Public Holidays during the spring and summer months.