Join Cavehill Walking Tours for an energetic walk from Belfast Castle to the peak of the Cavehill with spectacular views over Belfast City, Belfast Lough and coastline.
Following paths that meander through the forest and emerge at the top of the hill, you can view as far as Scotland and Carlingford on a clear day.
You will also have the opportunity to visit the beautiful castle gardens and the castle (when open) has an excellent coffee shop and small museum.
Cavehill Walking Tours offer scheduled walks during the summer or by arrangement all year round. They can tailor the walk to suit your itinerary and in summer you can enjoy the views on early morning and late evening walks.
It wouldn't be a Belfast without a little rain, so you can reschedule or cancel your tour if the weather is not suitable.
Tours start at the castle where parking is available, or you can take a short taxi ride from the city centre.
Walking tours are limited to 12 people to minimise the environmental impact on the hills.
QR code for list of all tours below.
Top Reasons To Visit
- Great start to your visit to Belfast with views of the coastline from Carrickfergus to Bangor and an overview of the area
- A walk steeped in history from the Stone Age cairn and caves to the Industrial Revolution
- Energetic walk along rugged terrain with great views..
- Walks can be tailored to suit a more leisurely pace with time to stroll in the gardens and Castle.
- Child friendly tours possible, with opportunities to see some of the animals as you pass along to ridge above Belfast Zoo
The walk is along a rough path and steep in places.
Suitable footwear and clothing to reflect the season is essential.
A reasonable level of fitness is required to ensure you can keep up with the group.
With the current Covid situation you will be asked to complete a pre-walk questionnaire and request anyone with symptoms to stay away.
Please check with the organiser when booking.
Cavehill Walking Tour Prices
£20 per person for scheduled walks.
For small groups the charge is £75 for 2-4 people and an additional £5 per person above that number.
Maximum group size is 12.
To book visit the booking portal on the website.