Only 10 minutes from Bangor, these old fisherman's cottages now house a heritage display, visitor information and weekend family events.
Cockle Row Cottages open their doors each year to hundreds of families that visit over the summer season. Open just in time for Easter each year, these lovingly restored fisherman's cottages host free themed entertainment from Easter Sunday to the first Sunday in September.
Children will have the opportunity to join in on a range of activities including face painting, children's crafts, balloon modelling and much more every weekend from 2-4pm, whilst adults can enjoy live music, craft fairs and Ulster-Scots music and dance in July and August in Association with the Ulster-Scots Agency.
Open to the public daily from June, the cottages also stock a range of tourist and heritage information as well as a small gift shop full of local crafts and pottery.
Whether it's a weekend of free family fun or an afternoon away, Cockle Row Cottages are the perfect place for you!
Admission is free.
Top Reasons To Visit
- Visitor information services and heritage display
- Free weekend family entertainment
- Beside playground and free tennis courts
- Coastal village with paddling pools, eateries and shops
- National Trust Reserve and beach
- April and May: Saturday and Sunday, 11am – 5pm
- June to September: Daily, 11am – 5pm.
Free weekend family entertainment takes place from 2pm – 4pm.