Belfast's Cathedral Quarter is the city's buzzing, creative soul, where Belfast's vibrant cultural life bubbles visibly to the surface.
Home to cafes and restaurants such as Ox, Coppi, Hadskis, 21 Social, The Grand National Cafe, The Northern Whig and The Dirty Onion, Cathedral Quarter is a perfect spot for dining to meet all your needs.
Don't forget all of the traditional and quirky pubs featuring The Harp Bar, The Sunflower Bar and McHughs among the others.
You have also got a lot to choose from in regards to your stay in the area, with hotels including The Merchant Hotel, Malmaison and Ramada Encore.
The Cathedral Quarter is home to annual festivals such as:
- Culture Night (September)
- Belfast International Arts Festival (October)
- Cathedral Quarter Arts Festival (May)
- Belfast Comedy Festival (September or October)
- NI Science Festival (February)
- Young At Art Children’s Festival (March)
- Festival of Fools Circus Festival (May)
- Belfast Pride Festival (July or August)
- Sound of Belfast Music Festival (November)
The quarter also includes cultural venues such as The MAC, Belfast Cathedral, Oh Yeah Music Centre, Ulster Scots Agency, Golden Thread Gallery, Craft NI and more.
Eat Out to Help Out - Participating Restaurants
Restaurants, bars and hotels in the Cathedral Quarter participating in the Eat Out to Help Out scheme include:
- Northern Whig
- The National
- The Great Room Restaurant
- The Cloth Ear
- Berts Jazz Bar
- John Hewitt
- Dirty Onion
- 44 Hill Street
- Top Blade
- House of Zen
- McHugh’s Bar and Restaurant