HartyCulture foraging tours are gentle walks to discover what nature offers us seasonally, sampling new flavours with surprising treats all around.
The tour will begin with a geographical orientation, discussing the impact of micro- and macro-climates and terra forma on the development of the world around you, and then you will start to study the diversity of nature below, above and beside you. During this short walk at the foot of the Belfast hills, you'll see native woodland, open meadow, hedgerow herbs, fruiting bushes, edible flowers and wild fungi, as well as practical, poisonous and medicinal plants galore.
You'll return to HartyCulture's starting point at the Castle’s famed gardens, where rest and refreshments can be found within the Castle's beautiful historic halls.
Visit www.hartyculture.com for tour times and to make bookings.
- Adequate parking at venue
- Accessible via no1 bus from city centre or 10 mins in a taxi
- Refreshments and toilet facilities are available
- £20 - Adult
- £10 - Concession
- Under 16s go free
- Concessions available - visit the website for more details
- Tours are outdoors. Sensible footwear and waterproof clothing are highly recommended!
Top Reasons To Visit
- Discover new foods and flavours that are environmentally sustainable
- Develop basic foraging skills and greater eco-awareness
- Experience the majestic surroundings of Belfast Castle and its famed gardens
- Enjoy panoramic views of Belfast and beyond
- Breathe in the benefits of fresh air and gentle exercise