Located in Newtownabbey on the shores of Belfast Lough, enjoy panoramic views from Belfast to Bangor at the first stop along the stunning Causeway Coastal Route.
The park has an excellent modern play area for children aged 3 to 12 and energetic adults will enjoy the outdoor gym. After a walk or cycle along the excellent path that goes between the site and Belfast, you can enjoy a picnic with panoramic views of Belfast Lough, or sample local food in Barista Coffee House.
The open grass area provides a great space for football, kite flying and hosts the Shoreline Festival on the bank holiday weekend at the end of August.
Culture lovers can explore the art installations along the coastal path from Loughshore Park to Hazelbank Park and learn about the heritage and wildlife.
On Wednesday evenings during the summer, local bands perform at the eye catching band stand.
Top Reasons To Visit
- Coastal path from Loughshore Park to Hazelbank Park
- Excellent modern play area for children
- Outdoor gym
- The start of the Causeway Coastal Route
- Caravan park open all year round
There is a caravan park that is open all year round. Booking is essential. Fourteen touring pitches and four tent pitches are laid out in a secure landscaped area within the parkland. Each touring pitch is on hard standing with individual electric, water and drainage hook-ups and is large enough to park a car beside the caravan.
The modern amenity building features:
- Toilets and free hot showers
- Disabled facilities
- Dish washing area and laundry
- Chemical disposal point
- Free WiFi
- Attendants on duty at evenings and weekends (March to September).
- Caravans, motor homes and trailer tents: £22 per night during low season and £24 per night during high season and bank holiday weekends
- Tents: £15-£18 per night.