Explore Belfast’s River Lagan with the Hydrobikes At Lagan Adventures where you will be taking cycling off the road and onto the relative safety of the water.
This is the only experience Belfast’s Historic River Lagan Waterway and it is a unique way for visitors to see Belfast and the its historic Waterfront, Harland and Wolf cranes, Obel Tower, historic bridges, canal structure and much more.
Hydrobiking is a fun safe activity which allows visitors to explore the River Lagan without getting wet. So you are free to head on to other Belfast activities, restaurants and attractions after.
Hydrobikes provide a gentle, low-impact aerobic total body workout; but it all depends on how fast you pedal. Take a Hydrobike out for a leisurely ride, a fast cardio workout, photography session, or fishing.
Their hydrobikes are a perfect way to experience water sports. Hydrobikes are super dog friendly, and your furry friend will love the ride as much as you will.
Lagan Adventures is located beside the Waterfront Hall Belfast.
- Single Hydrobikes – Suitable for Age 8+ with a 24 inch inside leg to reach pedals.
- Tandem Hydrobikes – Suitable for 2 Adults or for kids under 8 with an Adult. Everyone still needs a 24inch inside leg to reach pedals.
- Adult and Child Bike – Bike has a side seat suitable for Age 4+.
Top Reasons To Visit
- The Only Experience on Belfast’s Historic River Lagan Waterway
- Cycle the River Lagan
- Hydrobikes by Light
- Great for families and groups
- Belfast City Centre Based
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a height restriction? Riders need to have a 24inch inside leg in order to reach the pedals
- What is the age restriction? Minimum age for a single bike is 8 but they also need a 24inch inside leg to reach pedals.
- Can younger children participate? Yes. They have an adult and child bike which has a side seat or on tandem if the child has the correct leg measurement and is accompanied by an adult.
- Do I need to be able to swim? No. Lifejackets are provided and safety boats are on hand. Hydrobikes are very stable so you should not be in the water.
- What is the cost? Prices are on their website laganadventures.com this includes all our group rates. You can book online.
- What do I wear? You can just wear normal clothes, wetsuits or swim wear is not required. Hydrobikes are very stable so you should not be in the water.
- Where are they Located? They are situated beside the Waterfront Hall.