Located in the trendy Cathedral Quarter, McHughs is housed in one of Belfast's oldest buildings, dating back to 1711.
With entertainment, culture, history, and fabulous food, McHughs is a traditional bar with a difference.
Today McHughs offer the best in local entertainment, food, drink and craic across three floors. With a 100-seater restaurant, they offer traditional Irish cooking with a modern twist and dishes to suit all palates.
Whenever possible, they endeavour to source products from local suppliers to highlight the best in seasonal local produce.The Lord Lucan Room offers intimate private dining for up to 30 people, set well away from the busy crowds below. The below sea-level basement bar presents the best of local bands throughout the week and their indie-alternative club night Radio K offers left-of-centre beats each Saturday.
McHughs Bar dates back to 1711, making it the oldest surviving building in Belfast. Standing in the historical heart of the city, McHughs has watched as Belfast flourished from a small settlement into a thriving industrial centre in the18th and 19th centuries. With the 20th century came industrial decline and civil unrest, but still McHughs survived and today, in an era of regeneration and renaissance for Belfast, the building remains.
Enjoy traditional music sessions on Saturday between 3pm and 5pm and Sunday, 2-4pm. Live entertainment is also available between Thursday and Sunday.
Celebrate 300 years of McHughs in the oldest building in Belfast established since 1711.
- Whiskey Flights – From £7 experience a taste of 400 year old Irish whiskey. Enjoy a whiskey from the Bronze, Silver or Gold Flight selection of premium blends from the Bushmills family while learning about the science of whiskey distilling. McHughs' accredited staff can craic a joke while they provide you with a history lesson.
- Pull a Pint and get a T-Shirt – For £15 come behind the renowned bar and allow staff to teach you the art of pulling a pint of the "Black Stuff". Pull your own pint and receive a t-shirt to remind you of the event.
- Black and Black – For £7.50 celebrate all that's great in Ireland - a pint of Guinness and a measure of Black Bush Whiskey.
McHugh’s Bar & Restaurant
- 29-31 Queen's Square
- BT1 3FG
Top Reasons To Visit
- Open fires, Irish stew and pints of Guinness
- Traditional Irish music sessions
- Live music events in the Basement
- 100 seater restaurant
- Food served daily 12noon-10pm