Raidió Fáilte is an award winning Irish language radio station in a modern building which hosts regular events and exhibitions and has a welcoming coffee shop, An Lon Dubh.
Raidió Fáilte is the only Irish language radio station broadcasting in Belfast. Raidió Fáilte is a community radio station which has won many awards for its broadcasting. The station broadcasts 24 hours every day on 107.1fm in Belfast and worldwide on www.raidiofailte.com Raidió Fáilte provides training in media skills and operates on a cross-community, social enterprise basis, contributing to the regeneration of an area of multiple deprivation. The radio station is situated in an iconic building which has won a number of architectural awards.
The Raidió Fáilte building boasts a welcoming, independent coffee shop (An Lon Dubh) which sells speciality coffees and teas, home-made soup and sandwiches, nutritious breakfasts and lunches and locally produced scones and treats. Vegetarian and vegan options are available. The friendly atmosphere and Gaelic ambience of the An Lon Dubh adds to the enjoyment of the visitor experience.
Alongside the coffee shop is an exhibition and event space which hosts regular exhibitions dealing with aspects of the Gaelic tradition of the area, as well as work by local artists, music, talks and other events. Events are open to the public and offer the visitor a unique insight into the Irish language culture of the area.
The Raidió Fáilte building is situated at the entrance to Belfast’s Gaeltacht Quarter and acts as a signpost for visitors to other cultural points of interest in the Gaeltacht Quarter area.
Tours of the Raidió Fáilte building, (including the modern broadcast and recording studios, training and other facilities) provide panoramic views of this historic area of Belfast and can be arranged by appointment.
Meeting facilities are available for hire.
Raidió Fáilte – An Lon Dubh
- 30 Sráid Dhubhaise/Divis Street
- Béal Feirste/Belfast
- BT12 4AL
Top Reasons To Visit
- An opportunity to experience first-hand the richness of the Irish language & culture in a modern setting
- An Lon Dubh café: speciality coffees/teas & locally produced food choices. Vegetarian & vegan options
- Historic exhibitions & displays of work by local artists, music & other events relating to Irish culture
- 10 minute walk from city centre, a great place to start (or end) a tour of west Belfast murals & other sites
- Get a warm welcome to Belfast’s Gaeltacht Quarter, hear about other cultural activities in the area