Let your imagination run riot among the unusual plants, colours, sculptures and magical features of Rowallane Garden.
Created in the mid 1860s by the Reverend John Moore, this informal plantsman's garden reflects the beautiful natural landscape of the surrounding area. There are spectacular displays of shrubs, including a large collection of rhododendron species and several areas managed as wildflower meadows.
It is also home to a notable natural Rock Garden Wood with shade-loving plants. The outstanding Walled Garden includes spectacular displays of herbaceous plants, shrubs and bulbs.
Café open to 5pm until 31 August.
- Off Crossgar Road
- BT24 7LH
Top Reasons To Visit
- Informal garden with unique planting
- Exhibition area linked to the seasons
- Vibrant cafe and shop
- Pottery workshop
- Meet the gardeners
- Browse for gardening ideas in the newly opened garden shop
- Watch the master potter at work in the Secret Garden
- Take a tranquil walk around the famous Rock Garden Wood
- Book a gardening tour with the Head Gardener
- Discover exotic and rare species of rhododendron
- Follow the farmland trail to the summit of Trio Hill.