- What's On Homepage
- Virtual Events
- Belfast International Arts Festival
- Art & Exhibitions
- Children’s Events
- Food & Drink
- Free Events
- History & Heritage
- Learning Experiences
- Lectures & Talks
- Markets & Fairs
- Music & Concerts
- Nature & Wildlife
- Pubs & Clubs
- Shows & Displays
Please note, in line with government restrictions all pubs, restaurants and cafes will be closed from 16 October for an initial period of four weeks, though some will be open for takeaway and delivery. Many visitor attractions and hotels (with exceptions for current residents and key workers) are also closed, and other accommodations may be affected. Please check with individual businesses before visiting. For more information on restrictions and COVID-19 advice for visitors to Belfast please click here.
A simple corner pub free of gimmicks or themes, and music is very much part of its life.
Sunflower Public House opened in December 2012 on the corner of Kent Street and Union Street, a site on which a public house has stood for over 100 years.
Music is very much part of the pub's life: traditional, Appalachian and gypsy swing sessions feature weekly in the bar while folk and bluegrass are regularly featured upstairs. The upstairs room is also home to the monthly Sunflower Comedy Club which attracts big names from the Irish and UK comedy circuits.
Hearty bowls of stew are served on Fridays and Saturdays with fresh wheaten bread, which go hand-in-hand with pints of locally brewed ale from Hilden Brewery.
The pub's clientele is also a rich tapestry of Belfast life: arts students and professionals, backpackers and apartment dwellers, gay and straight, young and old. It is a melting pot of city centre life.
Live Music Schedule
- Thursday: Gypsy swing sessions with Manouche from 5.30pm.
- Friday: Trad session with Lonesome George and Friends from 6pm.
- Saturday: Appalachian music session with Ragged and Rough from 8pm.
- Sunday: Trad session with Lonesome George and Friends from 7pm.
Top Reasons To Visit
- Great range of craft beers
- Folk Club every Thursday at 8pm
- Traditional music sessions every Saturday and Sunday 7pm
- Hearty Irish stew served Fridays and Saturdays
- Open mic night every Tuesday at 7pm