The Belfast Experience offers enthralling social, industrial and political walking and taxi tours which bring to life the history of one Belfast’s most remarkable communities; the Shankill Road.
The Shankill Road has played an integral part in the history of Belfast. The road itself has been used for hundreds of years, well before Belfast was even a city! These tours provide an opportunity for visitors to immerse themselves in Shankill history.
During the tour, which is delivered by fully trained local tour guides, you will explore the history and heritage of the Shankill area. You will experience the local culture and heritage first hand and visit iconic landmarks including Northern Ireland Peace Walls, Shankill Road Memorial Gardens and Graveyard.
Walking tours of the Shankill area depart from the Spectrum Centre, Shankill Road (take the 11 a/c/c bus from Belfast City Hall – 15 min journey) daily at 10.00 am and 1.30 pm. Tour lasts 90 mins. Taxi tours depart daily from the Spectrum Centre at 9.00 am, 11.30 am and 3.00 pm. Tour lasts three hours.
- Walking tour: 90 mins, £10 pp (15 people max)
- Group walking tour: 90 mins, £9 pp (8 people min)
- Taxi tour: 120 mins, £12.50 pp (3-6 people)
- 33B Woodvale Road
- BT13 3BN
Top Reasons To Visit
- Provides an insight into the history of the Shankill Road
- A unique opportunity to see and explore the local culture and heritage first hand.
- No better way to explore the Shankill Road and its diverse history
- Delivered by fully trained local expert tour guides