Family owned distillery and gastro pub situated in the beautiful village of Moira, County Down.
Top Reasons To Visit
- The only gin and spirit school in Northern Ireland
- Gastro pub serving local seasonal food in the beautiful village of Moira
- RubyBlue Spirits Taste and Tour of Hughes Craft Distillery
- Cocktail Masterclasses with a passionate team of bartenders
Located beside Hughes Craft Distillery, The StillHouse gastro pub is the perfect place to enjoy a family lunch or evening meal for delicious seasonal food.
Monday: 11.30am-11pm | Food served until 8pm
Tuesday to Thursday: 11.30am-11pm | Food served until 9pm
Friday and Saturday: 11.30am-1.30am | Food served until 9.30pm
Sunday: 12pm-11pm | Food served until 8pm
Gin School | Spirit Distilling Experience
Book into the spirit school and you’ll be taught how to distil gin or vodka, and at the end of class you get to take home your very own creation! Choose from classes for gin, vodka, flavoured vodka and liqueurs.
Here’s what to expect:
- Spirit School – Interactive Distilling Class
- Tour, tasting and history of Hughes Craft Distillery
- Choosing your botanicals, distilling, bottling, labelling of your own 700 ml spirit and all associated taxes and duties, to take home at the end of the class.
- During the class you will have a lot of fun, enjoy a range of StillHouse cocktails, and canapes made by The StillHouse head chef, Dave McClelland using local seasonal ingredients.
Class lasts approximately 150 minutes, during the class you'll be taken through a range spirits and botanicals to help you decide which ingredients to use in your own copper still. Depending on the season, ingredients can be foraged from the walled garden on-site. You may also wish to bring herbs or berries from your own gardens or hedgerows. Terms and conditions apply - please see the website for more details.
RubyBlue Spirits Taste & Tour
Book an exclusive pre-booked Taste & Tour of Hughes Craft Distillery which includes their full range of spirits.
The Taste & Tour lasts approximately 60 minutes, during the class you’ll be talked through the journey and see how Hughes make their award-winning RubyBlue range of spirits. You'll also enjoy RubyBlue Signature cocktails and nibbles, and have a lot of fun.
You can upgrade the class by adding lunch or dinner.
Classes last approximately 90 minutes and must be pre-booked. During the class Hughes’ mixologist will take you through a range spirits and cocktails using fresh local and seasonal ingredients with a focus on RubyBlue and StillHouse spirits produced at the distillery.
During the class you will make three cocktails, have a lot of fun and you will receive a £5 voucher that can be used in the Spirit Grocery or the onsite gastro pub, The StillHouse. Pre-booking is essential.
Corporate and Private Events
Hughes Craft Distillery can offer bespoke corporate and private event packages to suit any occasion from a unique wedding venue to boardroom meetings.
The ‘Occasional Room’ is very suited to boardroom meetings, private dining or small parties of up to 30 people.
The ‘Distillery Bar’ is available Monday to Thursday for private hire. With a large open fire place and stunning stone walls it sets the scene for the most special occasions.
The ‘Distillery Loft’ with high oak beams and festoon lighting is such a lovely space to host your event and can be transformed into the most romantic ceremony room for your special day.
Spirit School, walled gardens and areas of the public bar can also be reserved by arrangement.
A small selection of services included:
- Cocktail and canapé receptions
- A unique wedding venue in the distillery
- Corporate events and team building days
- Private dining
- Cocktail masterclasses with the mixologist
- BBQs in the walled garden
- Gin School | Spirit Distilling Experience
- RubyBlue Spirits Taste and Tour