See the gothic and classical collide at Castle Ward, an eccentric 18th century mansion resting on a rolling hillside.
Top Reasons To Visit
- Historic mansion
- 22 kilometres of multi-use trails
- Georgian farmyard and loughshore
- Victorian sunken garden
- Game of Thrones film locations
- The farmyard complete with ducks, chickens and pygmy goats
- The 36km of trails that loop throughout the estate – rent bikes from the Clearsky Adventure Centre and get exploring
- Visit the Barn for children's crafts, play-room and lots of ride-on tractors
- Visit the artist's studios and see the resident makers at work
- Check out the 'Secret Nature Shore Trail' for a mile-long stretch of activities and nature to discover
HBO's Game of Thrones at Castle Ward
Step into a fantasy world of castles and dragons as you explore the Georgian farmyard and the Lough shore, film locations for the smash hit television series Game of Thrones. Castle Ward's historic farmyard was featured as the location of Winterfell for much of season one.
It's where you'll find the Whispering Wood and key scenes including Robb Stark's Camp, the Baelor battle and when Brienne confronts the Stark men. Visit to discover Winterfell for yourself, and join in with Winterfell Tours to get the full Westeros experience. Visit www.nationaltrust.org.uk/castle-ward/features/game-of-thrones-at-castle-ward for all the information.