If you’ve always wanted to answer the call of the wild but the thought of pitching a tent makes you want to run for the hills, glamping is a compromise with comfort! Take a look at some of our favourite glamping experiences and get out there this summer. There’s never been a better time to take advantage of the beautiful spaces right on your doorstep.
Let's Go Hydro
Located just ten minutes outside Belfast, Let’s Go Hydro has been a popular choice for climbers, jumpers and amateur belly floppers hoping to soak up some fun on the water. But if the thought of drying off and heading home after a day of play is dampening your spirits, there is a range of unique glamping experiences available for families and groups this summer. Ranging in shape and size from glamping pods and safari lodges to floating luxury boathouses, Let’s Go Hydro offers accommodation for groups of one to 200 and they can easily create group packages to suit everyone’s needs.
- Hedged Village and Open Meadow pods
- Tree Garden pods
- Lake pods for water enthusiasts
- Luxury houseboat
- Safari tent
- River house & cottage
- Forest domes
- Iglu or Viking huts
- Food options on site
The Jungle NI
Set in beautiful woodlands, and nestled among the Sperrin Mountains, The Jungle NI truly is an escape from the city. Rather than a helping of ‘R and R’, this idyllic location is the setting for an action-packed glamping experience, suitable for adrenaline-junky holidayers. With glamping pods available for couples, families, stag and hen parties, or corporate getaways, you’ll be guaranteed a great night’s sleep after a day of play. If you want even more luxury and comfort, the quirky cabins, playfully named the Chicken Coop and the Beehive, offer rustic charm plus a firepit and BBQ. Imagine sliding open the French doors, with a coffee in hand, and firing up the grill for a breakfast with a difference.
There are a handful of camping pods set among the trees at Castle Ward Caravan Park. They offer that extra level of comfort including heating although still allow visitors to get a sense of being close to nature. Enjoy spectacular views over Strangford Lough and take a stroll along one of the many walking trails that criss-cross the area. Discover ancient woodlands, landscaped gardens and explore the many Game of Thrones filming location hotspots.
- A standard pod accommodates a maximum of two adults and one child
- A family pod accommodates a maximum of two adults and three children
- A premium pod accommodates a maximum of two adults and two children
- Laundry and washing facilities
- Onsite toilets
- Entry to the castle and demesne
Mourne Mountains and the Ring of Gullion
The Mourne Mountains are the playground of Northern Ireland, and after hiking the hills and taking in the sights, there’s nothing better than a comfortable bed close by to rest up for the next big adventure. This corner of the country has everything for those who want to feel like a star while sleeping under the stars. With a number of campsites offering glamping pods, old style caravans, and magical underground cabins, there are options aplenty for a family trip or a couples retreat. Enjoy the mountains, rivers, forest and valleys, with plenty of activities geared towards the outdoor types. Or treat yourself to a chilled out experience featuring memory foam mattresses and wood fired hot tubs.
- Bluebell Lane Campsite with glamping pods and old style caravans
- East Coast Adventure with glamping pods and activities
- Fairy River underground cottages
- Carrick Little with glamping pods at the foot of the Mourne Mountains
- Willow Tree glamping site. Grown-ups only glamping with wood fired hot tubs
- Gorse Hill Farm Self Catering with glamping pods and great views
Explore Northern Ireland with Bunk Campers
Experience Northern Ireland with the freedom and independence of campervan hire with Bunk Campers! Who said you have to stick to one place? Enjoy exploring Northern Ireland in a kitted out campervan or motorhome, with all your necessities under one roof! Whether you are looking for a budget camping car or large motorhome for the whole family, Bunk Campers offer a wide range of vehicles to suit every pocket! All of their campervans and motorhomes for hire are kitted out with everything you need to get on the road.
Campervans & Motorhomes
- Nomad – modern VW camper with the iconic pop top roof
- Aero – fully-equipped 2 person campervan
- Vista – perfect for small families or friends
- Grande – sleeping facilities for 4 to 6 people
- Europa – vehicle of choice for long term rentals