- What's On Homepage
- Art & Exhibitions
- Children's Events
- Food & Drink
- Free Events
- History & Heritage
- Learning Experiences
- Lectures & Talks
- Markets & Fairs
- Music & Concerts
- Nature & Wildlife
- Pubs & Clubs
- Shows & Displays
- Belfast International Arts Festival
Belfast Zoological Gardens is home to more than 140 species of animal, many of which are in danger in their natural habitat.
Popular attractions include the Asian elephants, Rothschild's giraffes, California sea lions, penguins, apes, Malayan tapirs, giant anteater, Malayan sun bears, Visayan warty pigs, Goodfellow's tree kangaroo, red-backed bearded sakis, crowned sifaka and Sumatran tigers.
- Antrim Road
- BT36 7PN
Top Reasons To Visit
- The zoo is home to more than 1,000 animals and 140 species
- A full calendar of events throughout the year
- Zoovenir shop on-site
- The stunning lake side is perfect for a picnic
- The zoo takes part in over 90 breeding programmes
Tickets can be bought online or in person at Belfast Zoo.
- 10am to 6pm daily
- Last admission is 5pm
- Animal houses close at 6pm
- The Zoovenir Shop closes at 6pm
- The Zoo closes at 6pm
- 10am to 4pm daily
- Last admission is 2.30pm
- Animal houses close at 3pm
- The Zoovenir Shop closes at 4pm
The zoo runs a regular programme of special events through the year including events suitable for visitors with accessibility requirements.
- Lion’s Den Restaurant
- Treetop Tearoom
- Zoovenir Shop
- Children’s adventure playground
- Designated picnic areas
- Public toilets including accessible toilets
- Baby changing
- Accessible Zoo-mobile (fee applies)
The zoo runs a regular programme of special events throughout the year, including events suitable for visitors with accessibility requirements.
The zoo also runs a regular programme of special events through the year.
Animal adoption makes a great gift for the animal lovers in your life. Adoption lasts for one year and gives you the chance to contribute to the cost of feeding and looking after rare and endangered species.
Junior Keeper For The Day
Do your little ones fancy walking in the boots of a zoo keeper?
Belfast Zoo’s NEW junior keeper for a day experience will give the next generation of zoo keepers the chance to get up close and personal with some of their favourite animals, while getting an insight into the day-to-day life of caring for some of the world’s most endangered species.
- Free entry to Belfast Zoo
- Free entry for an accompanying adult
- A ‘zooper’ schedule of behind the scenes fun including animal encounters, feeding times, enrichment and much more
- Friendly and experienced zoo keepers to act as your guide
- A voucher for your ‘feeding time’ in the Lion’s Den Restaurant
- A voucher for the photography station
- An exclusive junior keeper for a day goodie bag
- A junior keeper for a day certificate.
The new junior keeper for a day programme will provide a once in a lifetime experience and will offer a balance between fun and learning, in an interactive environment. Junior keepers will join the team down on the farm to meet the barn owls and to ‘muck out’ the rabbits. They will then have the jumbo job of washing the elephants or feeding the giraffes before monkeying around to create some enrichment for the zoo’s primates! After lunch they can slither over to the reptile house to meet some of the zoo’s smallest creatures and will finish the day with some ‘otter-ly’ delicious antics with the spot-necked otters.
The junior keeper for a day experience is available to children aged 8 to 16, and is £125 per person and must be booked in advance.