Recognised as the UK’s Fish and Chip Restaurant of the Year, Fish City on Ann Street is a multi-award-winning seafood restaurant specialising in sustainably sourced seafood.
Indulge in fresh Carlingford oysters, Strangford Lough mussels, Dundrum Bay clams, and other seasonal and responsibly sourced local produce. With a passion for sustainability, Fish City is a member of the Good Food Ireland collection, a gold member with the Marine Conservation Society, the first business to join Ulster Wildlife’s environmental campaign Sustainable Fish Cities NI, and the first restaurant on the island of Ireland to be certified by the Marine Stewardship Council. The restaurant currently holds six UK national titles, including a prestigious Catey Award for Health and Nutrition.
Fully licensed, Fish City offers a comprehensive wine list accompanied with a wide selection of local and international gins and whiskeys, local artisan craft beers and ciders, and cocktails and digestifs.
With a warm atmosphere and nautical themed interior, Fish City has two floors with three themed dining rooms, which can accommodate large group bookings. For those beautiful and bright summer evenings, the Terrace is a heated and sheltered outdoor dining room framed by seasonal flowers where guests can enjoy their meal al fresco. Private rooms are available for private dining. Family friendly, Fish City has a bespoke menu for children.
Silver - Green Tourism Accredited
Fish City have received multiple awards for their sustainability efforts and leading commitment to sustainability, including Silver – Green Tourism accreditation, and recognition as the UK’s Environment and Sustainability Champion at the National Fish and Chip Awards 2023. All of their cod, haddock and hake are certified sustainably sourced by the Marine Stewardship Council, and other species of fish and shellfish are responsibly sourced from sustainable waters.
Top Reasons To Visit
- The UK’s best fish and chips
- Extensive seafood menu with meat, vegetarian and gluten-free dishes
- Contemporary, relaxing venue
- Supports local fishermen
- The only certified sustainable seafood restaurant in Northern Ireland
If you’re looking for a venue for a business lunch or dinner, tour groups, or to entertain guests, Fish City offers two private dining room experiences that can cater to your needs. Choose from the Fisherman’s Hut (up to 48 guests) or the Fisherman’s Cabin (up to 44 people). Adjacent to one another, both dining rooms can accommodate around 80 to 90 guests.
- UK’s Fish & Chip Restaurant of the Year 2023
- UK’s Environment & Sustainability Champion 2023
- Catey Award for Health & Nutrition 2019
- 10 Best Fish & Chip Restaurants in the UK by Fry Magazine, 2022-2023
- UK Top 5 Seafood Restaurant of the Year by Seafish UK and The Caterer 2019
- Winner of Good Catch (Sustainability Award) by Seafish UK 2018
- Winner of the Healthy Eating Award by Seafish UK 2018Northern Ireland’s Seafood Establishment of the Year 2022, 2019, 2017
- Belfast’s Best Eatery 2019-2021
- Best Green Business at the Women in Business Awards 2023
- NI Food & Drink Family Business of the Year by Business Eye 2022
- NI Environmental Sustainability Award by the FSB 2022
- Highly Commended for Sustainable Tourism Award at NI Tourism Awards 2017
Gluten Free Options