The Morning Star is one of Belfast’s most historic and picturesque pubs dating back to 1810 and run by the McAlister family since 1989, most recently crowned RAI Best Gastro Pub 2019.
The Morning Star has one of the most important exciting pub menu serving food 12 noon - 10pm Monday - Saturday and 12 noon - 9pm Sunday with the likes of pan fried kangaroo, emu, crocodile and their seasonal roast of the day. If you fancy something a little less exotic, then fear not. Their ethos is farm to fork, buying prize winning beef and lamb from local farmers, and top sales along with raising some of our own and sourcing as close to home as possible. Their in-house master butcher ensures your steak is the best on the block and is responsible for handmaking burgers and sausages daily. The seafood is fresh daily and steaks including those cut to order and 1.5kg tomahawks feature on the menu. They serve a range of craft local beers both bottled and draught, stock fine Irish Whiskeys & have an exciting menu of local gins.
- Buffet: Monday - Saturday from 11.30am - 5pm for only £6.95.
- 2-4-1 Mondays: Every Monday throughout October from 12 noon - 10pm (buy two main courses from the menu and get the cheaper of the two free!)
RAI, Best Gastro Pub in Antrim 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019
McKenna Guides, Best in Ireland 2018 & 2019
NI Top Hospitality Business 2018 & 2019
LCN Awards 2019 Finalist Pub Food of The Year &Community Bar of The Year
Belfast’s Best Green Business 2016
Top Reasons To Visit
- In-house butcher with specialty steaks cut to any size
- High quality seasonal produce
- Excellent service and friendly staff
- Brilliant atmosphere for rugby matches and other sporting occasions
- £6.95 Bar Buffet menu runs Monday - Saturday