Please note, Northern Ireland is in a lockdown until 5 March 2021. Until then all non-essential retailers, visitor attractions and accommodation providers will be closed and pubs, cafés and restaurants will be open for takeaway only.
The stunning Mourne Mountains and Ring of Gullion region of County Down is a veritable open-air playground.
Find out more at www.visitmournemountains.co.uk.
Top Reasons To Visit
- Walk the Mournes – Northern Ireland’s highest mountain range
- Slieve Gullion and The Giant’s Lair – Ireland’s Mountain of Mystery
- Game of Thrones locations – Winterfell - Castle Ward, Strangford, Quoile, Downpatrick, Tollymore Forest Park, Newcastle
- St Patrick’s Country – St Patrick’s burial ground, Saul Church, Down Cathedral and St Patrick Centre
- Castlewellan Forest Park, home to one of the longest permanent hedge mazes in the world