A year-round arts and entertainment programme dedicated to developing and promoting skilled artists who are disabled or deaf.
Once a year - usually the last weekend in August - the University of Atypical stages BOUNCE! Arts Festival, where it's possible to see some of the very best work by disabled actors, musicians, dancers and visual artists. A workshop programme runs alongside public performances and as the University of Atypical is a disabled or deaf led company, the events have great disability access.
The University of Atypical Gallery sells art, books and CDs among other artists' creations on a year-round basis. Christmas gifts made by disabled and deaf artists and craftspeople are available during the holiday season. Take a chance to grab a gift with a conscience as 80 percent of the sales income goes direct to the artists.
University of Atypical
- Ground Floor, Cathedral Quarter Workspaces
- 109-113 Royal Avenue
- BT1 1FF
Top Reasons To Visit
- Welcoming staff will make a good try at foreign languages.
- Deaf and disabled people can get insider facts on NI.
- The ADF Gallery is a good source of local arts information.
- Great art from NI visual artists, writers and performers.
- Ground floor level disability access with Braille, AD, SLI.