Áras Uí Chonghaile is an award-winning modern, inspirational, visitor centre based in the heart of Belfast’s Gaeltacht Quarter and located only yards from where James Connolly, a man of formidable ideas and remarkable vision, lived on the Falls Road.
The James Connolly Experience
The James Connolly Experience is an audio tour which will guide you from the interactive exhibition, which tells Connolly’s story, to the unique library, Leabharlann Uí Chonghaile and through the art and historic collections. Lasting approximately 40 minutes, the tour will introduce you to many interactive features and historic artefacts and will immerse you in the story of James Connolly as you make your way through the Centre.
James Connolly Augmented Reality Heritage Trail
The centre has also launched a ground-breaking new heritage trail using augmented reality. The free downloadable app from both iOS and Android App stores will allow for local citizens and visitors alike to uncover the hidden story of James Connolly in Belfast and present them with Belfast’s heritage at their fingertips.
To book a tour visit arasuichonghaile.com >>
Top Reasons To Visit
- The James Connolly Experience is FREE for Belfast citizens.
- See an original Irish Proclamation along with the printing block that created it.
- Listen to RTÉ archive interviews with James Connolly’s children.
- Explore the James Connolly Library with a unique collection of books.
- Follow James Connolly’s journey across Ireland, Britain and the USA with our Transatlantic Voyager