Come explore a vibrant music city with a specialist guide!
Take this popular tour around Belfast city centre, delivered in association with the Oh Yeah Music Centre, to discover why Belfast deserves its prestigious UNESCO City of Music designation.
There is a wealth of music talent in Belfast, across many genres - from hip hop to classical, jazz and punk - opera to folk, country and electro pop - and more! Music plays a significant and important role in the fabric of Belfast, making it a vibrant city to live in or visit
On a leisurely, music-filled stroll, your guide Dolores will introduce you to many of the city’s music legends, past and present, accompanied by a soundtrack of their music. You will also hear about Belfast’s rich musical heritage, traditions and roots.
The tour begins at the iconic Ulster Hall, a well-preserved Victorian music hall and a legend in the history of Belfast’s entertainment scene. Weaving through the city’s oldest and cobbled streets, open squares and busy shopping areas, the tour then explores music venues that include traditional bars and clubs, historic buildings, open air performance spaces, the city's newest performance space, our main arena venues - and even a church! Guests will gain access to one or two places they couldn’t otherwise visit. At each stop, a different genre of music will be considered.
Guests will have good craic and hear many entertaining stories about iconic music moments and our best-known musicians and bands. There’ll also be recommendations for rising stars of our contemporary music scene to keep an eye on!
The tour concludes with a visit to Belfast’s own dedicated music hub, the Oh Yeah Music Centre, in the heart of the Cathedral Quarter. Here, there’ll be a chance to browse the centre’s Music Exhibition, which features memorabilia from Northern Ireland musicians including Snow Patrol, Van Morrison and Stiff Little Fingers.
Private Group Tours Available
If the dates listed do not suit you, contact Creative Tours Belfast to enquire about booking a private music walking tour for your group (4-20), at a competitive rate. Email Dolores at: email@example.com
- The walking tour will last two and a half hours and cover around 2 miles. (The tour with performance will last three hours.)
- The tour will take place in all weathers – please come prepared and with comfortable footwear!
- Your guide is a qualified and insured Belfast Green Badge Tourist Guide - and a complete music fan, with her own experience of drumming and singing in bands, performing in choirs, of song writing and recording!
- The tour will start outside the Ulster Hall, on Bedford Street, and end at the Oh Yeah Music Centre, Gordon Street.
- A private performance by a local, talented musician is included on the following tour dates - 2 March, 6 April, 4 May, 1 June, 6 July, 3 Aug, 7 Sept, 5 Oct, 2 Nov
- Advanced booking is required.
- Pricing: £25 (including booking fee) for the tour with added private performance. £20 for the walking tour on other dates.
- Admission £20
- Admission + performance £25
You might also like
Tours14 Dec 2023 - 14 Mar 2024
Walk in the dim and dark footsteps of Victorian killers and medieval murderers on this two-hour walking tour…