Accidental Theatre is a collision of perspectives, art forms and unusual collaborations – curious stories told through vibrant, ambitious performances.
There’s always something different going on and it’s often an adventure.
This little theatre is a temporary refuge for collaborative arts in the heart of Belfast. They plan for this building to represent what we love in arts & culture, inside & beyond, this city of ours. As Accidental focus on expanding audiences appetites for: theatre, music, art, dance and unclassifiable live performance.
Accidental Theatre want the building to be a place for cultural & community creative collisions. As they help support & amplify the vibrancy of Belfast's independent arts sector. Bringing together audiences & artists to support one another and build a more enriched community for us all.
Accidental is much more than a theatre, as they house offices, rehearsal space, recording space, and a lot more. It is a hub for the whole of Belfast to come to and create something new within their doors.
They host playwrights, actors, filmmakers, DJs, choreographers, musicians, poets, painters, technicians and curators who craft performances for Ireland and the world stage. Every production is a fresh invention, each one defined by the artists with whom has build it. Collective risk-taking is the inspiration that jolts their work into new theatrical territories and opens it up to new audiences.
Top Reasons To Visit
- Always Something Different. Each night there are new events, never the same twice.
- Diverse range of events, from comedy to music, theatre to cabaret.
- They host the widest range of new artists, you will see them at Accidental first.
- Enjoy a relaxed atmosphere in an excitingly diverse and friendly venue.
- Performances are available online or in-person, so you can attend from anywhere in the world.
Join Never Seen It Film Club as they explore some of the worst films ever made with their “Z List: Best of the WORST!” Season.